Published: 1998 by Putnam Adult
Self-Help | Motivational
- Who Moved My Cheese? Quotes
- Key Takeaways
- Outline and Chapter Headings
- Change HappensThey Keep Moving The Cheese
- Anticipate ChangeGet Ready For The Cheese To Move
- Monitor ChangeSmell the Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old
- Adapt To Change QuicklyThe Quicker You Let Go of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese
- ChangeMove With The Cheese
- Enjoy Change!Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese!
Who Moved My Cheese? Quotes
“What you are afraid of is never as bad as what you imagine. The fear you let build up in your mind is worse than the situation that actually exists.”
“See what you’re doing wrong, laugh at it, change and do better.”
“Sometimes, Hem, things change and they are never the same again. This looks like one of those times. That’s life! Life moves on. And so should we.”
“Noticing small changes early helps you adapt to the bigger changes that are to come.”
Who Moved My Cheese? is a timeless business classic that uses a simple parable about four imaginary characters: Two mice, named Sniff (who sniffs out change early) and Scurry (scurries into action). Two mouse-sized people, named Hem (denies and resists change) and Haw (learns to adapt when he sees change can lead to something better). They are searching for cheese.
This metaphorical tale takes place in a maze and reveals profound truths about dealing with change. You’ll learn how to enjoy less stress and more success in your work and life.
- Having ‘cheese’ makes you happy. ‘Cheese’ is a metaphor for all of the things that we need in our life.
- The problem is that we grow accustomed to our cheese. We think we’re entitled to it.
- The more important our cheese is to us, the more we want to hold on to it.
- When something changes, we react with shock and we think the world is unfair. We suffer and this makes the situation worse.
- All of us have the universal need to find our way around the maze and succeed in changing times.
- Change is the only certainty in life, so why do people and even fear it?
- If you do not change, you can become extinct.
- Ask yourself, “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
- Growth often emerges because of adversity, and sometimes unexpected circumstances arise when we least expect them.
- Feeling the pain of change is completely normal, but we can choose to lessen our suffering.
- Smell the cheese often so you know when it will reach its expiration date.
- The quicker you let go of old cheese, the sooner you find new cheese.
- You have to move in a new direction. When you believe that you can find and enjoy new cheese, you change course.
- Accepting change and acknowledging the impermanence of every situation makes you feel good.
- It is safer to search in the maze than remain in a cheeseless situation.
- Old beliefs do not lead you to new cheese. Staying in the same place for fear of the unknown is an unproductive way of living.
- Continue through the maze. You have to think differently.
- Begin to notice small changes, it will help you adapt to the bigger changes that are to come.
- Search for something new, take risks, and venture forward into the unknown.
- Move with the cheese and enjoy it!
Outline and Chapter Headings
They Keep Moving The Cheese
Get Ready For The Cheese To Move
Smell the Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old
Adapt To Change Quickly
The Quicker You Let Go of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese
Move With The Cheese
Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese!
I’ve read this fun and enjoyable book inside National Bookstore for just two straight hours. I learned that we must accept and embrace change in all aspects of life. The more open to change we are, the more of the world we can open up for ourselves. Always, if we have faith, a new opportunity will open for us.
I think everyone should read this book at least once in their lifetime.
Thanks for reading! Comment below, I’d love to hear your thoughts!